In much the same style as Mike Davidson’s permanant Ten Things page, I thought today would be an appropriate time to list off a few of the things in life that I’m particularly thankful for. I really feel that I’ve been blessed beyond measure, so this is by no means a complete list, just a few of the things that are fresh on my mind right now.
- My Wife – I proposed to Amy exactly 3 years ago on Thanksgiving. Some people casually throw out the “better-half” description when talking about their spouses, but Ames really is the glue that holds my life together. Although she has never been able to get me to use a dayplanner the way she does, or to stop biting my nails, I am the man I am because she loves me. …and she’s graduating next month with her bachelors in Chem-E!
- The Bible – I try to avoid plastering my beliefs up on this blog, but since this is almost Thanksgiving, a holiday that was established to give thanks, I can’t help but acknowledge the things God has done in my life through one little book.
- Photoshop CS – Where would I be without being able to nest sets of layers. What would I do without the ability to create layer comps? …And those are just the features I love that are new to CS. I could talk all day about brush sets, patterns, and vector shapes.
- Slurpees – There’s nothing quite like a 7-11 slurpee on a hot summer day. Gainesville has to be the only town in Florida without a 7-11 gas station, and after over a year of living here, I still get Slurpee cravings. Slush-Puppys, and ICEEs just don’t cut it.
- Health – Especially since we don’t have health insurance. Although I haven’t done as much of this as I should, it’s great be able to roll out of bed in the morning and go for a run through the UF campus.