I’ve been thinking a lot lately about writing and how beneficial it is (especially for designers) to connect and share with our broader communities of practice through storytelling. It can be scary to put content out into the world, even more so when you’re representing a team. Sharing our processes, experiments, failures, and aha moments though is the best way for all of us to learn. Blogging regularly as a team has the added benefit of creating a window into the culture of our organizations, providing a glimpse of what working there is like. I first experienced the value of writing externally as a team while helping run The UX Newsletter at Mailchimp. I learned from the feedback we received after each issue that many other UX teams were working through the same challenges.
Back in April, I wrote my first post for Design at Sprout Social. Since then, I’ve been encouraging my colleagues to contribute as well. To help inspire my teammates to share, I went looking for other design team blogs. I couldn’t find a comprehensive list anywhere, so I just started collecting the feeds I could find in a folder on Feedly. I thought other folks might find it useful as well, so I put together this evergreen post.
Design Team Blogs
The list below includes every active design team blog I could find at time of writing that met the following requirements:
- Only in-house design or UX team blogs – I included company blogs as long as there was a design or UX-specific category to follow.
- At least one post in the last year – I discovered many dormant team sites with great articles, but I’m only including active blogs in this list.
- Must have an RSS feed – It’s tough to follow a site that isn’t on a shared platform and doesn’t have a feed URL. I’d love to keep up with OpenTable Design and Google Design, but neither site has a feed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks to WP RSS Aggregator, the 20 most recent posts, and latest 3 posts for each design team update daily. Know of any that I missed? Did a dormant blog start posting again? Drop a comment here and I’ll update the list.
Currently including 39 design team blogs | Skip to: Athenahealth, Atlassian, Automattic, Babbel, Booking.com, Deliveroo, Doctolib, DoorDash, Dropbox, Duolingo, Emplifi, Faire, IBM, Indeed, Instacart, Intercom, Intuit, Kingfisher, Klaviyo, Lattice, Lyft, Medium, Meta, Microsoft, OYO, Pinterest, Plaid, Prudential, Salesforce, SAP, Shopify, Slack, Spotify, Sprout Social, Thumbtack, VMware, Wayfair, Wix, Yelp, Zendesk
20 Most Recent Posts
- People Behind the Product: Cíntia Romero, Building a More Accessible Pinterest
- Intercom on Product: The AI revolution and the future of customer service
- What’s Next in Your Design Career? Consider Job Shadowing
- Microsoft Power Pages and the age of low-code no-code
- Culture. People. Process. Every designer should think about
- There’s Always a Way to Do UX Research
- Complex, compact, celebratory: Bringing the Add to MPDM feature to life in Slack
- The case for web accessibility in 2023
- Building AI that works: How to navigate the AI frontier as a product leader
- Adoley Azu on her journey of inclusion
- Design Operations in Enterprise Organizations with Red Dolan
- Product Design and Research Guild at Kingfisher Retail Group
- The surprising reasons why we lack user feedback in the AI cycle
- Microsoft Loop and the Future of Collaborative Experiences
- The world of opera through the lens of a User Experience designer
- Hey, Designers! Submit Your Session Idea for Dreamforce 2023
- Workmates Over Cheese & Other Wisdoms
- The magic and efficiency of component-based theming
- Interviewing with Duolingo’s Product Design team
- Designers Thrive at Building Team Trust — Here’s How
Booking.com – UX Design
Design @ DoorDash
Inside Intercom – Product & Design
Intuit Design Hub
(Note: Intuit is very active with a valid feed, but WP RSS is having trouble parsing it.)
https://design.lattice.com (RSS via Substack)
Design at Meta
OYO Product Design
Design at Sprout Social
Wayfair Experience Design