That was the first line of an email we received titled, “Your Apple Store Order”. Yes, we’ve shot the moon, gone for broke, and thrown caution to the wind. In a more literal sense, we just purchased a new 20-inch G5 iMac.
OK, so we didn’t follow our plan at all, but our new iMac order is in processing and is due to be shipped on or before December 21st, 2004. We really did intend to wait on making this purchase, but after selling my old laptop and receiving (& returning) an Averatec laptop from BestBuy.com with a bad pixel in the middle of the screen, we were ready to stop playing around and get what we really wanted to begin with.
The specs for our new dream-machine are:
- 512MB DDR400 SDRAM – 1 DIMM (We plan to upgrade this to 1GB with another 512MB DIMM from crucial when we can afford it.)
- 160GB Serial ATA drive
- Standard Keyboard and Mouse (We opted not to get the bluetooth keyboard and mouse after hearing a few bad reviews including this one from Andy Budd.)
- <drool>20-inch widescreen LCD</drool>
- 1.8GHz PowerPC G5 Processor
- SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra w/64MB video memory